Part of the work of DaMSSI and now, DaMSSI-ABC is to improve the correlation between the work of the JISC Managing Research Data programme (‘JISC MRD’) training materials projects (‘RDMtrain’) and the Jorum repository of open educational resources.
Whilst the projects creating research data management training materials each have a website of their own which hosts their materials and possibly supplementary material, it’s an aim of our work at DaMSSI-ABC to help with the creation of a more visible and useable group of RDMTrain project outputs on Jorum.
To that end it’s useful for projects – and ‘fellow travellers’ – to have a grasp on what has already been added to Jorum by the MRD programme. So here’s a list of what’s on Jorum already, along with the Jorum location of its information page, and keywords used. (But please bear in mind the projects listed below were all part of the first MRD programme’s training strand. The current MRD programme’s training strand is described here: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/di_researchmanagement/managingresearchdata/research-data-management-training.aspx.)
I’m interested in emerging approaches to how we describe these resources. Keyword use was undirected in MRD01 and so we can see here that approaches vary, but there are some terms which do recur. I’ve marked these in green.
- Research Data MANTRA: http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/16055
- Keywords: research data management; training; data management plans; documentation; metadata; file formats; file transformation; data organisation; data storage; data security; University of Edinburgh; MANTRA
- Project CAiRO: http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/14990
- Keywords: research; data; data management; JISC; creative arts; practice as research
- DATUM for Health: http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/15904
- Keywords: research; researchers; research data; research data management; research data management training; data management; data management training; organising research data; organising data; study skills; research skills; health; medicine; PGR students; PhD students; doctoral students; postgraduate research students; qualitative data; unstructured data; data curation; data curation lifecycle; DATUM; DATUM for Health; data; health data; management data; management research data; students PGR; students PhD; students doctoral; students postgraduate research; curation data; curation research data; organisation data; organisation research data; skills research; data qualitative; data unstructured; data health; RDM; JISC Research Data Management Training Materials; JISC RDMTrain
- Datatrain: Social Anthropology work: http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/15994
- Keywords: Research data management; Social Anthropology; graduate training
- Datatrain: Archaeology work: http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/15992
- Keywords: Research data management; Archaeology; graduate training
The DMTpsych project has not yet deposited its work in Jorum.
In addition, the Incremental project from MRD01 deposited 38 training resources on a wide range of RDM-related topics. Enter ‘Incremental’ in the search box on Jorum to find the list.
And the Sudamih project, also from MRD01, deposited 5 resources: again, you’ll find them by entering ‘Sudamih’ in Jorum’s search box.
We’re looking forward to welcoming more resources from the MRD programme to Jorum, and are interested in pulling them together to create a coherent and easy-to-use set of resources.
If you’ve deposited anything with Jorum which was made as part of MRD programme work, and it’s not listed here, please let me know either by email (laura.molloy AT glasgow.ac.uk), or in the comments. Thanks!